Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Well its Spring


Well here we are the first day of Spring! Seeing as I live in Los Angeles the first day of Spring is hard to notice. It is sort of like the first day of winter only the sun stays up longer. It is actually rather cold here today for LA so it sort of feels like a lovely east coast spring day but then again so did New Year's day. I sometimes miss the change of seasons. Note I said sometimes. I do not miss winter nights so cold and bitter that leaving the house is a major decision. I do miss looking out the window and seeing a fresh snow falling covering everything in white. I do not miss the sound of snow plows and the lovely crisp white snow turning into grey gushy slush. I do miss seeing flowers start to poke out of the ground after the dead time of winter. I don't miss insects swarming coming alive and on the hunt for blood.
Los Angeles has seasonal changes they are just more subtle. Certain trees bloom and the hills are green these changes are there you just have to look. I do like that there are flowers blooming all year round and it is green in the winter. I like a heavy winter rain storm, rain so heavy at times it is scary! I do miss thunder and lightening, it rarely thunders and almost never is there lightening.
So its spring, and I am feeling happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment