Total Pageviews

Monday, March 19, 2012

Three Way Bulbs Annoy Me

This may sound petty but three way light bulbs piss me off. Petty yes, but it's the truth. They are just one of those little things in life that one takes for granted until they don't work properly. Here's the history of my gripe.

I was in a Target store one day and by happenstance passed a light bulb display and the vague memory hit me that I was out of light bulbs and should pick some up while I was here. There is nothing more annoying than needing a light bulb and not having one right? So there I am and I decide to grab a four pack. I got home and realized I had purchased a four pack of 3 way bulbs. Annoying but not un-useful. So I stuck the pack into a cupboard and hoped to remember I had them. Long and tedious story short, one day I had a burn out. It was one of a pair of bedside lamps. Said lamps just happened to have three way capasity. I naturally had single bulbs in the damned lamps so they already were a pain so I changed both bulbs and replaced them with the proper 3 way version. Here is when it starts to get really irksome. I went into the bedroom one evening and went to turn on the two bedside lamps as I do every night and lo and behold the light bulb in one of the lamps only had two settings, nothing mid light and bright! The other lamp changed on the same time and used the same every day as often was fine. They are plugged into the same outlet. One of them is just a bum bulb! Now when I turned the damned light on it is a chore and grates my nervse every day. I told you this is petty but it is a just another thorn in my side, another annoyance in my already petty annoyance filled life. I try to let it go but every night when I enter my bedroom near sunset it is there to poke and taunt me. Those damned bulbs spend their time reminding me how petty I really am!
Damn you GE! Damn you!

No comments:

Post a Comment