Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Robbie Douglas from My Three Sons has Died


If you watched 60's TV like I have you will know "My Three Sons". The sitcom about an all american family the Douglas family was sort of a ground breaker. Steve Douglas played by Fred MacMurray was a widow raiseing his 3 sons with the help of irracible Uncle Charlie (William Demerast). Robbie the oldest was played by Don Grady, Chip the second son was played by Stanley Livinstone and Ernie was played by Barry Livingstone, Stanley's younger brother. Robbie the oldest was in a band and went to college where he met Katie and married her eventually having a set of triplets. If you know all that and other facts I have left out you have watched too much 60's TV.
Don Grady who played Robbie has died at age 68 in Thousand Oaks, California. Before he was on "My Three Sons" he was on "The Mickey Mouse Club". After the show went off the air he performed in a few other TV shows and then movied onto a career in music for film and television. Including the "Phil Donahue" theme song.His sister was Lani O'Grady the eldest daughter on "Eight is Enough" She died in 2001 from a drug over dose.

1 comment:

  1. I lived My Three Sons, and I confess I know way too much about the series! Thanks for this Post Timm. Don Grady will be missed by me.
    Paula Lynch
    NYC

    ReplyDelete