Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dusting has its Merits

Today I decided it was time to dust. I got to the bookcase where I pile all my CDs. I guess I was a bit too rough with the ole duster and it seems I knocked over a couple of hundred CDs. Well that meant I had to clean them up. That meant I had to look at them all. That meant I had to listen to them too! It was really a real fun way to spend the day listening to music and still looking like I was doing something productive.
My favorite bunch, that I have separated into their own section are the CDs I have because I like one song on them. Most of these are pretty embarrassing. Cher! Her version of "A Man's World" was well worth every penny from the used section at Amoeba Records; believe me. The same can almost be said for Madonna's "Fever". I did re-love Simply Red's "Heaven" though. I decided that I like a couple other tracks, so they were removed from the one off section. Oh I found some truly embarrassing ones too! Um; Crash Test Dummies "Mmm Mmm Mmm" is a fine example. Yet oddly, I could not pass it on. What does that say about me? Am I a hoarder or do I just have bad taste.
I highly recommend you go and dust all your old CDs and see what you come up with and remember that you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment