Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Rats! I missed Arbor Day!


Damnit! I am a fool! I wasn't paying attention and I missed Arbor Day! I love arbor day. I love trees. Not all all of them mind you but I love most trees. That's not to say I have actual tree enemies. Althought there are a few shrubs that in the past I have had issues with. Trees are a-okay in my book. I live in a house with a yard. It has some trees. Its more of a cliff really with a couple of unmaintained palm trees. Because its a cliff, and I am talking real ass steep cliff I have never been into the back yard. So those poor palms someone else planted are on their own. I bought a couple of citrus trees to atone for my guilt over the palms. We tend to overcompensate with the citrus. We named them. We have a lemon named John and a lime named Rose's. John has a few lemons. Roses is thus far barren. John recently went into bloom. I was so proud! We actually serenaded John. We sang "Lemon Tree" as we didn't know any other lemon songs. So Rose's didn't feel jealous I sang the only lime song I could think of; Harry Nilsson's "Lime and the Coconut". To no avail; Rose's is still barren. I've not given up hope yet. I try not to bring it up during watering time. I do encourage John as his flowers are now turning into little itty bitty lemons. I am hoping that Rose's will see all the praise being heaped onto John and pick up the ball and run with it. I never knew being a tree owner would be so time consuming and worrying. Seeing I have missed Arbor Day I do have a secret treat in store for them. I was at a tree store and picked up some citrus tree fertilizer. Some tree treats. I hope even though I am a few days, well weeks really, late I'll be forgiven! Happy Belated Arbor Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment