Total Pageviews

Friday, May 4, 2012

MCA RIP

I was watching the news this morning when I heard that Adam Yauch died. I stopped what I was doing and just sat for a second. "Damn", I thought "He was young". MCA and the Beastie Boys changed hip hop and the music scene. Never before had 3 Jewish boys from Brooklyn been recognized as rappers never mind hits. I loved them the minute I heard "Cooky Puss". The humor and wit they exuded was amazing. When "License to Ill" came out I was hooked. Their music became the anthem of so many peoples lives.
I was reading a news report later during the day and the tributes from other musicians and comments left by readers and fans made it really hit home how much he was loved. People who hadn't thought about it realized that they loved him and his music. I hope that he understood that.

No comments:

Post a Comment