Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Black Sabbitch

This weekend I was able to see a band I have been wanting to see for a while. The band I finally saw and became of fan of is Black Sabbitch. Yup they are an all woman Black Sabbath cover, or is it tribute, band. Frankly if Black Sabbath played as well as Black Sabbitch I may have liked Black Sabbath more. Yeah yeah yeah I just insulted Black Sabbath but they were never one of my favorite bands sorry. I don't hate Black Sabbath but normally after about 4 Black Sabbath songs I'm done. Not so with Black Sabbitch. I loved the whole set.
The band is made up of Blair N. Bitch on guitar, Melanie Makaiwi, bass,  Angie Scarpa on drums and Bloody Mary Powers on vocals. These women all rock. As the band is an LA based band I really hope that someone has told Ozzie about these broads! Why isn't Sharon producing them? If Black Sabbath and Black Sabbitch were in a bar fight I think I put my money Black Sabbitch as winner.
Do yourself a favor if they are playing near you GO SEE THEM! There are a few videos on YouTube but so far they are better live. I can however recommend the "War Pigs" live at LA's El Cid available on their website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment