Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

KerPlunk

I went to a yard sale the other day it was at the home of a hoarder. One of the many things he hoarded was old board games and toys.  I was instantly transported back to my childhood. As I was going through his games I found  one I had always wanted. It was hands down. When I was a kid I thought is was so cool. Then I found Mousetrap yet another game I had once thought to be really fun. I went to play at a friends house one afternoon and he had Mousetrap. We played it and I was so disappointed. I continued going through his piles of games and found Mystery Date. I was very tempted to buy it but he thought some of the pieces might be missing. I then came across one of my favorite games form when I was a kid KerPlunk! I was so excited I loved KerPlunk! If you never heard of KerPlunk it was a lot of fun. The game made by Ideal Toy Company consisted of an acrylic tube with small holes in it that you would slide colored plastic sticks. Then you would drop marbles into the tube. at the bottom of the tube there was a base with numbers and a small opening. The way the game was played was the players would one by one pull out the plastic sticks and marbles would fall to the bottom of the tube in the numbered areas. at the end of the game the player with the least amount of marbles was the winner. It was loud and fun!
I was so close to buying the game but had to pass on it as i just didn't envision myself inviting people over to play KerPlunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment