Total Pageviews

Friday, April 5, 2013

19 Years Ago

I was sitting in my kitchen listening to KUSF drinking coffee with my roommates in San Francisco when we heard the announcement the Kurt Cobain had been found dead. The three of us just sat quite for a bit. It was a wow moment. Something from Nevermind started playing. When someone your age dies it hits and when it is someone like Kurt Cobain my generation was hit hard. Kurt Cobain said a lot of things we were thinking and in a way that we could relate to.
A couple of hours later I walked around the corner to Steffan Chirazi's house. His then wife Deanna Ashley from Frightwig let me in. We went out to the terrace and talked. Steffan had just recently done an interview with Kurt Cobain. It turned out to be Cobain's last proper interview. Their phone was ringing off the hook. It was a sad day.
It is so hard to think that this was 19 years ago. It seems like yesterday. I whenever hear a Nirvana song I think of that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment