Total Pageviews

Monday, November 11, 2013

My Guilty Pleasure

I should be ashamed to say this but oddly I am not. I am obsessed with the Home and Garden Channel's shows especially House Hunters and House Hunter's International. If i had to pick House International is my favorite. The thing I really like is the American's moving to Europe and Asia leaving their suburban tract houses to live in a foreign land but wanting their split level ranch house.  There always seems to be one of the couple who is pretty much a pill when the real estate agents show them properties. The wives all seem to want huge kitchens and the husbands all seem to want enormous showers and "man caves". They always seemed shocked that Parisian apartments are small or expensive or Asian homes are tiny. It is like they have never been to the country they are moving to. One of my favorite things is the shock over refrigerators. It seems Americans are also obsessed with closet space.
I do wish Home and Garden would do some reverse shows with Europeans moving to the US to see what it is they are appalled by. What do we take for granted that foreigners find horrid? 

No comments:

Post a Comment